Our History

How it all started...

The Nixa Assembly of God Church came to life in 1952 under the leadership of Reverend J. Dan Woodall (pictured right).  Services were held in the home of Mr. and Mrs. John Doe.  Eventually property was purchased at the corner of what is now Main and 14 in Nixa at the site of the former Stewart Hotel.  While not a picture of actual church members, the picture at the top of this page was one of the earliest known pictures taken in Nixa on the property of what is now Thrive Church.

In 1966, Wilbur Blansit followed the call of God and left a lucrative career in the auction business to become the Pastor of Nixa Assembly of God.  He would serve faithfully in that role until retiring in 1990.  His son, Don Blansit would take the leadership reigns that same year and pastor until his retirement in 2017.

In the Fall of 2017, Pastors Chris and Amy Foster became the fourth lead pastors of Nixa Assembly of God.  While still new the area and church, the Foster family saw the onset of the coronavirus and navigated all of the difficulties to public gatherings that Covid-19 brought.  

In the fall of 2021 God began speaking to the leadership team about a new direction for the church.  With a great amount of prayer and reflection, it was clear that a change was being cultivated by the Holy Spirit.  That change was realized by the name change and ultimate relaunching of the church in January 2022.